Generally, a citizen of a foreign country who wishes to enter the United States must first obtain a visa, either a nonimmigrant visa for temporary stay, or an immigrant visa for permanent residence. Visitor visas are nonimmigrant visas for persons who want to enter the United States temporarily for business (visa category B-1), tourism, pleasure or visiting (visa category B-2), or a combination of both purposes (B-1/B-2).

Here are some examples of activities permitted with a visitor visa:

Use the Study in the USA School Search Tool to find U.S. programs, universities and colleges, including: English (ESL) courses, Engineering Programs, Bachelor Degrees, Master’s Degrees, 2-year/Community Colleges, Science Programs, Arts and Design Programs, Business and Technology and Computers.